Teaching with Puppets

Monday, September 16, 2013

Do you teach with puppets? Last year I introduced puppets into my classroom and my students are absolutely in LOVE with them. They seriously go nuts, nothing has made my students laugh more than my puppets! They are such a great teaching tool. My students listen to EVERY word that they say. I use several puppets in my class and slowly introduce them. The first puppet I introduce is Walt. Walt is also the name of my objective board (We Are Learning To). I use Walt every day to remind the students what we are learning to do in each subject area. He acts as a good review tool and the students are always eager to answer Walt's questions to get a high five or a kiss from him.
Teaching with Puppets - WALT (We Are Learning To...) WALT is used to introduce our focus board and review what we are learning and why. 
Walt comes from a set of 8 puppets purchased through Lakeshore Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment