My Classroom

Sunday, September 1, 2013

 Back bulletin board for our class goals to be posted. We set goals every Unit of Inquiry.
I start every morning with a Morning Meeting. We read the Morning Message together, go over the calendar and then a student shares an item from home. We use sharing time to practice our questioning skills.


Action board where I will be posting student action. Monkey Business board will eventually have each student's picture. When students demonstrate a Learner Profile attribute or one of the Attitudes they will get a "banana" highlighting their achievement. 

I put black paper on half of the windows and used borders to create my Math Word wall. 
My Math Wall words are from Kim Adsit's Math Vocabulary & Word Wall package. Find it at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kim-Adsit

Wonder Wall and Resources board. Students will write their questions on sticky notes and place them on the Wonder Wall throughout the Unit of Inquiry. Within the first week of school we will be learning about all the different resources that we can use to help us find answers to our questions. I will post another photo of our completed Resource board soon.

WALT & WILF Objective Board
My objective and assessment boards. WALT, is an acronym for We Are Learning To, and WILF is for What I'm Looking For. I will be hanging the rubrics and assessment tasks under the WILF heading and posting the objectives under the WALT heading. I use two puppets (Walt & Wilf) to review the board and what we are learning. My students LOVE telling Walt and Wilf what they are learning and what they need to do to be successful. 

My Unit of Inquiry board where the central idea, Lines of Inquiry, Key Concepts and Approaches to Learning can be found. On the right hand side I have 4 sets of "Key Chains" that have the Key Concepts written bilingually for students to refer to. 

LOVE my new Anchor Activity board! Ideas came from Pinterest, don't you just love Pinterest! The top part is for students to find words (Boggle), the middle section is for Math, students need to create math questions in which the answer is 10. The bottom section is for my co-teacher and she will be doing a Chinese version of Boggle but with Chinese symbols.

No comments:

Post a Comment